Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Fall Y'all!

Parfaits, bites and puffs, oh my! Recently I hosted a Stella & Dot Open House and provided some festive finger foods since I knew I would be launching my blog the following week! The theme was: Happy Fall Y’all: Fashion & Food ‘Must Haves’ for the Season (thanks to my gal-pal J Lev for the idea).


On my menu: Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfaits, Ham & Chive Puffs, Sausage & Cornbread Stuffin’ Bites and Pan-FRYed Onion dip.

Here’s the recipe for Sausage & Cornbread Stuffin’ Bites. I created this one based off some ingredients I use in my southern-style stuffing I make around the holidays. A little taste of Thanksgiving in one simple bite!

Ingredients
1 box of cornbread mix with accompanying ingredients (make ahead)
 ¼ cup unsalted butter 
1 cup onion diced
¾ cup celery diced
1 tablespoon parsley
1 pound of mild pork sausage
½ cup Bisquick
1 egg
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or ½ teaspoon each of sage & thyme)
¼ cup chicken broth (or more if needed)
Salt & pepper

Melt butter over medium-high heat. Saute onion, celery and parsley until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. This is one of my favorite smells in the kitchen!


While sauteing the onion and celery, break up corn bread in large mixing bowl. Add sausage and Bisquick to the bowl and mix thoroughly with hands. Add onion, celery and parsley mixture, along with seasonings (salt and pepper as desired) egg and chicken broth; mix until well blended.  


Use palm of hands to roll into 1 inch balls.  Place on non-stick baking sheet and cook at 400 for 30 minutes, turning the bites once while cooking (to prevent sticking). Ta-da: Sausage & Cornbread Stuffin' Bites!    


Stay tuned for more recipes from "Happy Fall Y'all"... which one should I post next?? Also - you can check out the fabulous jewels on my website!


Photobucket

2 comments: